Spreading awareness to raise money is great but I have been asked a few times about fundraising ideas since pockets just aren't as deep this year. Here are a few ideas that may inspire you:
- Host an event at a local business! A brand new marcher hosted a Bingo Night last night at a local winery and raised $600!
- Hold a raffle! Purchase a gift card or ask a local business to donate a gift card and sell raffle tickets.
- Host a fundraising dinner - themes are always fun!
- Ask supporters to pledge an amount for every mile you march.
- Have a chili cook-off!
- Own an AirBnb? Raffle off a free night's stay.
- Have a yard sale. Have a neighborhood yard sale!
- If you're artistic - auction off a special piece you made.
- Are you a musician? Have a jam night!